Franklin's Nyjari McNeil will be a favorite looking to roll out fast times in both the 500 and 800 meter races at the 2018 Montgomery Invitational.
Some of the top girls individuals to watch as part of our LIVE stream of Saturday's Montgomery Invitational at the PG County Sportsplex.
- Abigail Green (Walter Johnson) - Girls 3200m Run (10:38.98): The two time Foot Locker finalist including an All-American finish this past December in San Diego, Green is coming off a 10:06 3K victory at the Kevin Dare Invitational last weekend. The UVA recruit Green is currently ranked US #1 in the 3200 meter run from 10:49 performance over the winter break at PG.
- Nyjari McNeil (Franklin) - Girls 800m Run (2:12.15), 500m Dash (1:13.64): One of the premier middle distance talents on the East Coast as McNeil is the nation's second fastest returnee in the 500, while has won numerous state titles at the 800 meter distance as well with a 2:12 personal best. She won the Hispanic Games 800 last week in a US #7 time of 2:15 and is currently ranked US #2 in the 600. McNeil is also a member of one of the nation's fastest 4x400 meter relay squads this indoor season at Franklin and broke 3 minutes for the 1000 a few weeks ago for the first time.
- Tylar Colbert (Franklin) - Girls 300m Dash (39.68), 55m Dash (7.18): Teammates with two other individual stars in McNeil and Cameron Hinton at Franklin, Colbert will be looking to clock a rare sub 40 performance on a flat track in a 300 on Saturday. She was close at the FIT Invite a few weeks ago at the same facility (40.36) and currently ranks US #11 in the event.
- Taylor Grimes (Bishop McNamara) - Girls 55m Hurdles (8.14): Coming off a stellar weekend at Penn State in which Grimes won 3 events in the 60 meter hurdles, long jump, and triple jump. She'll star in the 55 meter hurdles on the track this weekend, which she is currently ranked US #10 with a 8.20 season best.
- Jaida Smith (Frederick) - Girls 55m Dash (7.04): Another big winner from last week's Kevin Dare Invite at Penn State taking first in the 60 and 200 meter dash in State College, Smith is a 5-time Maryland state champion in the 3A classification for the sprints. Smith has not lost a 55 meter dash race against in-state competition since her first meet of the season over two years ago back in December of 2016.
- Samantha Facius (Mount De Sales Academy) - Girls 1600m Run (5:00.32): One of the top non-senior distance runners in the state, Facius will be the top seed in the girls mile race and testing herself to see how close she can run to 5 minutes flat. She broke 5 last spring with a 4:58 best and has run 5:14 in the 1600 and 2:17 in the 800 this season.
More on Montgomery Invitational: