County Varsity Meet
a. The MCPS Championship meet will be held Wednesday, May 9, 2018, at Watkins Mill HS.
(1) Each school is allowed one (1) entry per gender per event.
(2) A second entry per gender per event will be allowed if both entries meet the qualifying standard.
(3) Coaches are expected to seed athletes accurately and honestly, based on actual season performances.
(4) A total of three (3) wild cards per gender will be allowed.
(5) Schools may not have more than three (3) entries per gender per event.
(6) Certified officials will be assigned for each event. Each school will supply additional volunteers for their assigned events.
(7) The meet will be run according to the rules and procedures defined in the MPSSAA Spring Tournament Bulletin, except that there will be no trials for the 100m, 200m, and high hurdles events. All heats will be finals and placement will be based on times across heats.
(8) Medals will be awarded to the top three places and ribbons to the next three places in each event. A plaque will be given to the boy and girl who are winners of the James DeMoss Award. There will be a boys team and a girls team champion.
(9) The top 8 finishers in each event will be scored (10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1).
(10) Qualifying standards listed below are considered hand times so an F.A.T. performance may be rounded down to meet the standard.
(11) The 2018 MCPS Championship Meet directors are: Bryant Adams (Watkins Mill), Adrian McDaniel (Gaithersburg), Chad Young (B-CC), and Steve Hays (Whitman).
Event Order and Qualifying Standards for the MCPS Championships:
Event Boys / Girls:
4x800 1 team/1 team
100/110 HH 16.2 / 17.1
100 11.5 / 12.9
1600 4:33.8 / 5:23.3
4x200 1 team / 1 team
400 51.8 / 1:00.4
3200 9:55.9 / 11:49.9
300 IH 42.3 / 49.1
200 23.4 / 26.6
800 2:01.6 / 2:24.4
4x100 1 team / 1 team
4x400 1 team / 1 team
Shot Put (B/G) 4208 / 3003
Discus (G/B) 11702 / 8207
Long Jump (G/B) 1905 / 1507
Triple Jump (B/G) 4103 / 3306
High Jump (G/B) 508 / 408
Pole Vault (G/B) 800 / 600
Events will be contested girls followed by boys, unless noted.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!