Ella Auderset makes her season debut as the sophomore for Urbana looks to follow up her amazing freshmen year that ended with a 2:11 PR in the 800.
Below can find some of the top individual stars that we are looking forward to watch in our LIVE stream of the 2018 Ed Bowie Classic on Saturday.
- Adetomiwa Adebayo (DuVal) - Boys 300m, 55H: The defending 4A state champion in the 300 meter hurdles, he will have to run two events which is a combination of his two talents at the 300 meter distance and the 55 meter hurdles.
- Ella Auderset (Urbana) - Girls 800m: Last year was freshmen phenom dropping down to a 2:11 800 in the spring and showcased incredible range from the 400 to the 3200. She will be a favorite in the 800 and warm up with a 300 earlier in the meet as well.
- Ziyah Holman (Georgetown Day) - Girls 300m, 500m: Arguably DC's best track athlete currently with a 53.59 400m PR from this past outdoor season, Holman will be in the fast section of both the girls 300 and 500 against competitive fields. She ran PR's of 39.88 in the 300 and 1:15.00 in the 500 last year.
- Jaiden Ritter (Mt. Hebron) - Girls 55m, 300m: One of the fastest athletes in Howard County, Ritter has the fastest PR among all the girls in the 55 meter dash at 7.12 as she was the 3A state runner-up in the event. A returning county champ and All-State finisher in the 300, Ritter will also be in the top heat of that event.
- Zackary Sampson (Oxon Hill) - Boys 55H: Sampson was the 3A state runner-up indoors in the 55 hurdles and outdoors in the 110 meter hurdles. He looks to start off his senior year with a win to build towards state titles this year in the hurdles as his 7.62 personal best in the hurdles ranks him as the top seed in the meet.
- Luke Tewalt (Washington Latin) - Boys 3200m: This fall's DCSAA state cross country champ Tewalt will be looking to win for the second straight weekend in the 3200 at the PG County Sportsplex and have more competition to push him closer to his 9:32 PR from last outdoor season.
- Taylor Wright (Northwest) - Girls 55m: One of Maryland's most versatile athletes and recent University of Miami commit Wright will likely go for a state leading clearance in the high jump (5'8.75" PR) while also battling for Ritter and others for the win in the 55 meter dash with a matching top PR in the field at 7.12.