County Varsity Meet
*Entries are due May 4th at mindnight on Athletic.net*
The MCPS Championship meet will be held Wednesday, May 8, 2019, at Watkins Mill HS.
(1) Each school is allowed one (1) entry per gender per event.
(2) A second entry per gender per event will be allowed if both entries meet the qualifying standard.
(3) Coaches are expected to seed athletes accurately and honestly, based on actual season performances.
(4) A total of three (3) wild cards per gender will be allowed.
(5) Schools may not have more than three (3) entries per gender per event.
(6) Certified officials will be assigned for each event. Each school will supply additional volunteers for their assigned events.
(7) The meet will be run according to the rules and procedures defined in the MPSSAA Spring Tournament Bulletin, except that there will be no trials for the 100m, 200m, and high hurdles events. All heats will be finals and placement will be based on times across heats.
(8) Medals will be awarded to the top three places and ribbons to the next three places in each event. A plaque will be given to the boy and girl who are winners of the James DeMoss Award. There will be a boys team and a girls team champion.
(9) The top 8 finishers in each event will be scored (10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1).
(10) Qualifying standards listed in your MCPS bulletin are considered fully automatic times, so hand timed performance may be rounded up to meet the standard.
(11) The 2018 MCPS Championship Meet directors are: Bryant Adams (Gaithersburg), Chad Young (B-CC), and Steve Hays (Whitman).
(12) Pole vault will contested at Gaithersburg High School prior to the Varsity County Meet. Date to be determined. Athletes must be designated to score to varsity A or the B meet, but not both. Please check the county pole vault calendar on google drive for dates.
Event Order for the MCPS Championships (All running events are finals)
Shot Put (B/G)
Long Jump (G/B)
Triple Jump (B/G)
High Jump (G/B)
Pole Vault (Contested at Gaithersburg HS)
Events will be contested girls followed by boys, unless noted.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!