SUBMITTING MEET RESULTS
To submit Meet Results - There are two alternate methods for submitting meet results to Milesplit Wash DC/MDRunners.com; entering the results directly OR emailing the results to the Milesplit Wash DC/MDRunners.com webmaster and having him enter them for you.
A. To have the Milesplit Wash DC/MDRunners.com webmaster enter the results for you:
- If you have a computer file (almost any format; Hy-Tek, RaceTab, or Raceberry Jam; Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, or PDF's next; scanned in to photo files least) with the results, email it as an attachment email@example.com . Identify the Name of the Meet, Meet Location, and Date(s) in the email message.
- If the results are posted on another website, email the Name of the Meet, Meet Location, Date(s), and the link to the results, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit results ASAP after the meet. With modern technology, coaches, athletes, parents, and fans expect results to be posted pronto!! We’ll do what we can from the md.milesplit.com/dc.milesplit.com side.
B. To add results to a meet directly:
- Click on the Meets tab.
- Click on Calendar.
- Click on the meet. (Note - The meet must be on the Calendar in order to submit results. If it’s not, email the Milesplit Wash DC/MDRunners.com webmaster at email@example.com with the meet information to have it added.)
- When the meet information comes up, click on Add Results.
- For each “division” of the meet that you want to add/display results (e.g., “Complete Results”, “3A Girls”, “Boys 800m”), you must do so separately. Enter the name of the division in the Document Name box.
- Under Format, select Add Pre Tags to maintain the formatting of the results to be entered, or Spreadsheet only if in spreadsheet form.
- In a separate computer screen window (e.g., Hy-Tek, browser, Word, Excel) with the results displayed, Select and Copy the results to be added, including all headings and descriptions.
- Paste those results in the New Results box.
- Click on Save.
- Back in the Meet page, see that your results were added.
- Repeat #4-10 for other divisions within the same meet.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Go to Results > season > meet > results to see your new results live on md.milesplit.com.