Poll: Who should be Boys Indoor State M.V.P?

Option Votes Score
Sam Parsons 12 46%
Leshon Collins 11 42%
Tie 3 12%
26 Votes

Vote!
Who should be Boys Indoor State M.V.P?
02/03/2012 6:01:05 PM
User
Its a toss up
Its a toss up
02/03/2012 10:36:43 PM
User
Toss Up...
Toss Up...
02/05/2012 3:11:49 PM
User
@Warrenveney There are alot of arguments people can come up with that favor either side. When I think about this question, I look at who is more valuable to their team.
@Warrenveney There are alot of arguments people can come up with that favor either side. When I think about this question, I look at who is more valuable to their team.
02/08/2012 10:17:42 PM
Coach
This is just for fun, in no way intended to answer the question, but fun nonetheless http://de.milesplit.com/athletes/compare/592449+443674
This is just for fun, in no way intended to answer the question, but fun nonetheless http://de.milesplit.com/athletes/compare/592449+443674
02/09/2012 11:15:58 AM
User
@StatInfo From what your saying is, Leshon Should win because Without him Glasgow would not be relevent right now. Without Sam Parsons Tatnall would probably still win the 1600 and 3200
@StatInfo From what your saying is, Leshon Should win because Without him Glasgow would not be relevent right now. Without Sam Parsons Tatnall would probably still win the 1600 and 3200
02/10/2012 2:10:49 PM
User
@NotaFan If you look at it that way.
@NotaFan If you look at it that way.
02/12/2012 8:49:46 AM
Coach
This becomes quite interesting now that Leshon set a state and meet record in the 55 by blasting a 6.29, the first Delaware hs athlete to ever go under 6.30. He also won 4 events (even though he was DQ'd in the 400, but that was after he actually finished the race and won it with a 49!) He then had to run the 200 BY HIMSELF because everyone else that was supposed to be in his heat scratched out. He ran a slow, for him, 22.60, but, again, he was running solo, no comp, AND he was the only one to go under 23 on the day just minutes after having run the 400 in 49 seconds. He aslo won the LJ jumping 22 feet. Sam had an incredible day as well, winning the mile and 2 mile. His 2 mile time was just off his own state record but it was the meet record and he basically did it solo as there was no one to push him. In the mile he ran pretty much alone as well and had a great time of 4:24, which is no jog. He did run the 4x8, but Tatnall was so far out of it, that was just a jog, warm up for him. So, unless anyone sees any other outstanding performances from the state meet I'd say it is still between these two studs!
This becomes quite interesting now that Leshon set a state and meet record in the 55 by blasting a 6.29, the first Delaware hs athlete to ever go under 6.30. He also won 4 events (even though he was DQ'd in the 400, but that was after he actually finished the race and won it with a 49!) He then had to run the 200 BY HIMSELF because everyone else that was supposed to be in his heat scratched out. He ran a slow, for him, 22.60, but, again, he was running solo, no comp, AND he was the only one to go under 23 on the day just minutes after having run the 400 in 49 seconds. He aslo won the LJ jumping 22 feet.

Sam had an incredible day as well, winning the mile and 2 mile. His 2 mile time was just off his own state record but it was the meet record and he basically did it solo as there was no one to push him. In the mile he ran pretty much alone as well and had a great time of 4:24, which is no jog. He did run the 4x8, but Tatnall was so far out of it, that was just a jog, warm up for him.

So, unless anyone sees any other outstanding performances from the state meet I'd say it is still between these two studs!
02/12/2012 7:37:52 PM
User
@adeyabo I feel Leshon should win, but Delaware seems to favor Tatnall and Sam Parsons more then they favor Leshon and Glasgow. I also think some of the voters might try to use Leshon interfering with Huffman against him.
@adeyabo I feel Leshon should win, but Delaware seems to favor Tatnall and Sam Parsons more then they favor Leshon and Glasgow. I also think some of the voters might try to use Leshon interfering with Huffman against him.
02/12/2012 9:59:12 PM
User
I think both of those guys are very worthy of that honor but i wanna throw in Terrell Oliver he had a hell of a day on Saturday and stepped up for CR time after time so i think he should be considered.
I think both of those guys are very worthy of that honor but i wanna throw in Terrell Oliver he had a hell of a day on Saturday and stepped up for CR time after time so i think he should be considered.
02/13/2012 1:13:09 PM
Coach
@NotaFan Very good points. It should be noted that Huffman pushed Leshon first, into the infield and Leshon came back onto the track and then was called for interference because the official didn't see him get pushed first. But your right, because of that, they may use that against him.
@NotaFan Very good points. It should be noted that Huffman pushed Leshon first, into the infield and Leshon came back onto the track and then was called for interference because the official didn't see him get pushed first. But your right, because of that, they may use that against him.
02/13/2012 1:17:57 PM
Coach
@800mrunner He did have an awesome day! Nearly broke the meet record for the 800, missed it by .36 secs! #5 all time and less than a second off the state record. He also split 1:58 on the 4x8? What else did he compete in? Great day, but I'd have to go with Leshon (I'm biased of course) for winning 4 events, even though he was DQ'd after the 400 and winning the 200 all alone. Only one to go under 23 seconds on the day and after knowing he was DQ'd from the 400. Pretty clutch.
@800mrunner He did have an awesome day! Nearly broke the meet record for the 800, missed it by .36 secs! #5 all time and less than a second off the state record. He also split 1:58 on the 4x8? What else did he compete in? Great day, but I'd have to go with Leshon (I'm biased of course) for winning 4 events, even though he was DQ'd after the 400 and winning the 200 all alone. Only one to go under 23 seconds on the day and after knowing he was DQ'd from the 400. Pretty clutch.
02/14/2012 5:45:35 PM
User
@adeyabo If they based state M.V.P off of who has the best times, then Leshon should win since he is higher ranked in his events, then Sam is in his events. But its a popularity contest, and Leshon is not as popular, or well liked by others as Sam Parsons
@adeyabo If they based state M.V.P off of who has the best times, then Leshon should win since he is higher ranked in his events, then Sam is in his events. But its a popularity contest, and Leshon is not as popular, or well liked by others as Sam Parsons
02/15/2012 2:05:41 PM
User
I dont understand how some people can say Leshon Collins won 4 events if he got DQ'd in the 400 doesnt that mean he lost?
I dont understand how some people can say Leshon Collins won 4 events if he got DQ'd in the 400 doesnt that mean he lost?
02/15/2012 11:10:54 PM
Coach
@Warrenveney He was DQ'd AFTER the race, so he literally won the race. He completed it in first and ran a 49. He won 4 events, was DQ'd out of 1 and is credited with winning 3.
@Warrenveney He was DQ'd AFTER the race, so he literally won the race. He completed it in first and ran a 49. He won 4 events, was DQ'd out of 1 and is credited with winning 3.
02/23/2012 1:42:39 PM
User
even if he was DQ'd I think huffman had him and parsons is a much more rounded runner and person than leshon
even if he was DQ'd I think huffman had him and parsons is a much more rounded runner and person than leshon
02/24/2012 5:39:19 PM
Coach
@doughty You'd have to know them both personally to say who is more well rounded and it is pretty judgmental to say something like that not knowing either's background growing up or why one may be more "well rounded" then the other. Huffman may very well have won, but we'll never know. Also, to say Sam is a more well rounded runner doesn't make sense. Sam does distance, Leshon does sprints and jumps. Two different athletes.
@doughty You'd have to know them both personally to say who is more well rounded and it is pretty judgmental to say something like that not knowing either's background growing up or why one may be more "well rounded" then the other.

Huffman may very well have won, but we'll never know.

Also, to say Sam is a more well rounded runner doesn't make sense. Sam does distance, Leshon does sprints and jumps. Two different athletes.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.