Bullis sophomore Sage Hinton clocked a personal best in the championship 400 and led all athletes in the prelims of the open 200 on Friday. (Photo by Mary Ann Magnant)
Below are Maryland's top performances on the first day of action at Adidas Indoor Nationals!
Adidas Indoor Nationals Homepage - Results - Videos - Photos
Championship Boys 200 Meter Dash (Prelims)
- Laurenz Colbert (Senior, Eleanor Roosevelt): 21.16q
- Aaron Ray (Senior, Loyola-Blakefield): 21.91q
- Antonio Sims (Junior, Riverdale Baptist): 22.16
- Daysen Shell (Sophomore, Green Street Academy): 22.18
Colbert (1st) and Ray (6th) move onto the finals.
Championship Boys 400 Meter Dash (Prelims)
- Marquis Miller (Senior, Milford Mill): 49.76q
- Antonio Sims (Junior, Riverdale Baptist): 50.02
- Alonzo Sims (Junior, Riverdale Baptist): 51.00
Miller grabbed the eighth and final qualifying spot for the finals.
Championship Boys 1000 Meter Run
- Isaiah Schulties (Senior, Kent Island): 2:28.67
Schulties set a new personal best and was the runner-up by just two tenths of a second.
Championship Boys 5000 Meter Run
- Jake Gelfand (Senior, Severna Park): 14:55.74
Gelfand finished fourth and joined fellow Falcon Ryan Forsyth in running the only sub-15 indoor 5Ks since at least 2010.
Championship Boys Sprint Medley Relay
- Kent Island TC (Kent Island High School): 3:36.93
Isaiah Schulties anchored the victorious SMR with a 1:54.99 800.
Championship Boys Distance Medley Relay
- Falcons TC (Severna Park High School): 10:20.91
A 3:03 opening leg from senior Carson Sloat led the Falcons to a fourth-place finish and Maryland's third-fastest indoor time since 2010.
Championship Girls 200 Meter Dash (Prelims)
- Victoria Perrow (Senior, Bullis): 24.36q
- Tiffani Rae Pittman (Senior, Bullis): 24.91
Perrow advances to the finals and lowers her MD #1 mark on the season.
Championship Girls 400 Meter Dash (Prelims)
- Sage Hinton (Sophomore, Bullis): 57.90
- Myla Greene (Sophomore, Bullis): 58.39
Hinton joins Greene as the only girls to run under 58 seconds so far this year.
Championship Girls 1000 Meter Run
- Bronwyn Patterson (Senior, South River): 2:56.83
Since 2010, only Juliette Whittaker (2:45) and Hayley Jackson (2:50) have run faster.
Open Boys 400 Meter Dash
- Sage Phillips (Junior, Pallotti): 50.35
- Andrew Ray (Senior, Loyola-Blakefield): 50.92
- Nikolas Butler-Simpson (Junior, Bishop McNamara): 51.16
- Sydney Peal (Senior, Bullis): 51.26
Phillips led the way with a runner-up finish.
Open Boys One Mile Run
- Mack McKeever (Senior, Gov. Thomas Johnson): 4:21.81
- Kevin Baranoski (Senior, Harford Tech): 4:23.92
- Joseph Raudabaugh (Junior, Howard): 4:24.88
- Tyler Dailey (Sophomore, Dulaney): 4:29.12
McKeever continued his breakout season with a runner-up finish.
Open Girls 200 Meter Dash
- Sage Hinton (Sophomore, Bullis): 25.15q
- Mirai Bernard (Sophomore, Bullis): 25.36q
- Takiya Henson (Sophomore, Thomas Stone): 25.51q
- Noelle Foss (Senior, CMIT South): 25.53
- Myla Greene (Sophomore, Bullis): 25.58
- Christal Pommells (Senior, Northeast-AA): 25.72
Hinton, Bernard and Henson will all advance to the finals.
Open Girls 400 Meter Dash
- Mirai Bernard (Sophomore, Bullis): 58.70
- Christal Pommells (Senior, Northeast-AA): 59.26
- Takiya Henson (Sophomore, Thomas Stone): 60.22
Bernard led the way, finishing sixth.
Open Girls One Mile Run
- Faith Meininger (Senior, River Hill): 5:03.73
- Madeline Till (Senior, Towson): 5:11.58
- Elizabeth Pickett (Junior, Bel Air): 5:17.70
- Anna Albergo (Junior, Dulaney): 5:19.77
Meininger ran away with the victory and a big personal best.