Workout Wednesday video with South Hagerstown's Darren Harman, who threw down a beast workout on Monday in preparation for his Thursday regional race at Oakdale High School.
Called the mile breakdown workout, the 3A state title contender Harman ran a 4:42 1600, two 800's at 2:21, and four 400's at 66 seconds. Incredibly consistency in the workout like clockwork with fast times to show off his current fitness. The recovery time was equal to the time of the previous repeat, so roughly 4 1/2 minutes rest after the 1600 repeat, 2 1/2 minutes rest after the 800's, and over a minute rest after the 400's.
Harman has been a rare talent for the South Hagerstown program as he is looking to become the school's first state champion in cross country. His school, team, and coaches are certainly behind him to bring home a title from Hereford in next weekend.
- Workout Wednesday: Rohann Asfaw & Richard Montgomery's Early Rise Prep For Regionals
- Workout Wednesday: Oakland Mills & Brit Lang's Chase Is On For Championship Season
- Workout Wednesday: Northern Calvert Is A Program On The Rise
- Workout Wednesday: Dulaney Takes Intensity Up A Notch With First Workout On The Track
- Workout Wednesday: Winston Churchill XC's Goals Being Met At Race Pace
- Workout Wednesday: 1000m Repeats With Hereford XC Squad
- Workout Wednesday: Severna Park's Last Workout Before Bull Run Battle