Our latest Workout Wednesday video features one of the top boys teams in Montgomery County this fall in the Winston Churchill boys along with the recent Glory Days Grill Invite varsity B race champion Julia Reicin.
In a busy week which saw the boys team score a slight upset over the previously higher ranked Bethesda-Chevy Chase in a Tuesday county tri meet before a 13th place finish at Glory Days on Saturday, they managed to get a workout in on Thursday in between their two races. See the workout details below and watch the video above filmed by Kris Jost! Workout video includes commentary from Winston Churchill coaches Paul Jacobson and Scott Silverstein.
Thursday 10/8: Winston Churchill XC Workout
2 x 800m @5K goal race pace
400m @3200m goal race pace
2 x 800m @just faster than 5K goal race pace
400m @best effort!
- Flush out muscles; 2 races this week (Tues = B-CC Dual & Sat = Glory Days)
- Minimize total quantity in this workout but maintain quality/intensity
- Establish race pace rhythm w/modest recovery
- Focus on comfortable, manageable pace in 1st set (800s) w/a pop speed (400m)
- Practice negative-split ability 2nd half of race by running faster in set 2